Substance Related Offenses
DUI / DWI
In Maryland, there are two types of drinking and driving offenses:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – This is classified when a person has a blood alcohol level of .08 or greater or the driver’s normal motor coordination has been substantially impaired by the consumption of alcohol.
- Driving while impaired (DWI) – This is classified when a person has a blood alcohol level of .07 or the driver’s normal motor coordination has been substantially impaired by the consumption of alcohol. Driving while impaired by drugs (even legal drugs) is also considered a DWI.
Being charged with a DUI or DWI can result in fines, loss of your license, or even jail time. If you or someone you know has been charged with a DUI or DWI, we are ready to dedicate time, resources, and energy into supporting you from beginning to end.
Drug Related Offenses
Facing a drug related offense can be overwhelming and stressful. Whether you or a loved one is facing charges, we will work with you to answer your questions and get you the best legal outcome possible. We are well-equipped and experienced when it comes to drug related legal concerns.
Maryland laws prohibit the possession of many illicit substances. These include cocaine, opiates, and more. Penalties for drug offenses can differ depending on the drug in possession, the total amount in possession, and the defendant’s criminal history.
Penalties for drug related offenses can range from a fine to potential decades in prison. We will help you decide what the preferred outcome is, and work to make it happen.
Common drug related offenses include:
- Opiate related offenses
- Manufacturing of Controlled Dangerous Substances
- Distribution of Controlled Dangerous Substances
- Possession of Controlled Dangerous Substances
Drug related offenses require a supportive attorney that understands the legal implication of being charged or convicted. If you or a loved one has been charged with a drug offense, contact Jeremy Widder Law today to receive the legal support you want and the experience you need.
We’re ready to help. Let’s talk.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you get the outcome you are looking for.